The AZ Series is one of Ibanez's most popular guitar ranges. Since their launch in 2018, these popular S-shaped all-rounders have become go-to guitars for virtuosos thanks to their smooth-playing necks and flexible electronics. The newly-released AZES (AZ Essentials) lineup brings the tone, versatility and playability of the celebrated Ibanez AZ Series to beginners and intermediate players!
But the Ibanez AZ Essentials range doesn’t just feature “watered-down” versions of the more expensive AZ models. They come equipped with series-specific features such as a durable ‘Mono-Unit’ output jack, a 250mm fingerboard radius that’s not too flat or round, and ‘Comfort Round’ steel bridge saddles which don’t dig into your picking hand. These appointments are all designed to make the learning process a streamlined, enjoyable and fun experience — elevating your abilities better than almost anything else at this price-point.
The AZES31 Model
If you want a rock-solid, affordable guitar without a tremolo — the Ibanez AZES31 is the perfect contender for you. It comes equipped with three vibrant-sounding single-coil pickups and Ibanez's acclaimed Dyna-MIX8 switching system; providing eight sound variations that cover all of the musical bases!
- Poplar Body — Underpins the instrument with a neutral, sustain-rich sound.
- 25" Scale Maple Neck — Shorter than a conventional 25.5" scale length, this player-friendly scale makes the instrument feel easier to play as the frets are brought slightly closer together and the strings have less tension.
- 250mm Fingerboard Radius — Great middle ground that allows you to play notes and chords precisely, while still maintaining a high degree of comfort.
- 'All Access' Neck Joint — Offers superior playability at the higher register, so you don't have to stretch to reach those final frets!
- Ibanez Essentials SSS Pickups — Provide well-balanced tones, so that you can explore various styles of music with just one instrument.
- Dyna-MIX8 Switching System with Alter Switch — The dyna-MIX8 offers eight sound variations and can switch between humbucker and single-coil modes with just a flick of the mini switch. It even simulates a humbucking sound from the combination of two single-coil pickups!
- 'Comfort Round' Steel Saddles — Provide a wider range of height adjustment, so you can set the string action to perfection. Additionally, the screws are less likely to stick out, leading to less stress on your strumming hand.
- 'Mono-Unit' Output Jack — Made of solid, durable material and is a single piece to avoid unwanted movement and loosening of the jack, which leads to contact failure or disconnection. This innovation allows for long term playing enjoyment and minimal maintenance.
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Colour: Ivory
- Construction: Bolt-On with Access Heel Joint
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Scale Length: 25" (635mm)
- Nut Width: 42mm
- Nut Material: Plastic
- Frets: 22, Medium
- Fingerboard Material: Jatoba
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.84" (250mm)
- Inlays: White Dot
- Bridge: F106 Hardtail with Comfort Round Steel Saddles
- Tuners: Ibanez with Split Shaft
- Hardware Colour: Chrome
- Strings: D'Addario EXL110 (10-46)
- Pickups: Essentials Single-Coils
- Controls: 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5-Way Lever Switch
- Switching: Dyna-MIX8 Switching System with Alter Switch