A mint condition, essentially unused example of Marshall's superb Origin 20 head. I love these things, they're criminally underrated. It's that classic Marshall tone at a usable volume. Grab an immaculate bargain.
The Origin amps use 3x ECC83 preamp valves and 2x EL34 power valves to generate those classic British tones. Gritty and powerful with a strong mid-range presence, these amps can easily cut through the mix for guitar solos or hold down the rhythm section.
Effects Loop & Emulated Output
The Origin amps have got an effects loop for you to run your delays, reverbs and mods into. This is especially handy if you use the drive from the amp. And it’s got an emulated output for silent recording or for running a direct sound to the front of house PA system when playing a gig.
Tilt Control – 2 Preamp Voicings
The Origin amps have got 2x preamps voicings and you can blend between the 2 using the ‘Tilt’ control knob next to the EQ section. The two voicings are Normal and High Treble which you can tailor depending on the type of guitar you’re using. A dark sounding guitar with humbuckers might want more treble for example.
- Model: Origin20H
- Range: Origin
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 1
- Output wattage: High power 20W, mid power approx 3W and low power approx 0.5W
- Outputs: Speaker outputs: 3 x 1/4" jack sockets (16Ω load / 8Ω load), DI out (1/4" jack)
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4" jack instrument input, footswitch
- Controls: Gain, boost, tilt, bass, middle, treble, master, presence, powerstem
- Effects: None
- Effects loop: Yes, Series, Send/Return
- Preamp valves: 3 x ECC83
- Power amp valves: 2 x EL34