This amp has the best low wattage tones I have ever heard, and I refuse to be told otherwise. This thing is staggering. Laney forever. Accept no imitations.
Building on the foundations laid in the '60s by the iconic Supergroup family of amps, the Laney LA-Studio is a pure-bread valve amp with all the benefits of a digital plugin. Designed with recording in mind, the LA-Studio is a low-powered head loaded with industry-leading Two Notes Torpedo technology. This provides a direct connection to virtual Laney cabinets and Two Notes' DynIR library for a super simple and immersive recording experience.
The LA-Studio comes pre-loaded with six virtual cabinets, with the option to create your own and load them straight into the amp. A DI output gives you the freedom to plug the LA-Studio directly into a PA system or your favourite recording interface, perfectly capturing its tone without the need for a cab or microphone.
Just as the original Laney Supergroup was the amp of choice for Black Sabbath legend Tony Iommi, the LA-Studio is THE amp used by Tony in his studio today! Boasting classic British tones courtesy of three ECC83 preamp valves and a single 12BH7 in the power stage, the LA-Studio shares the same legendary passive tone stack and non-master volume gain structure that made the original Supergroup so popular. A built-in power break function allows you to drop the wattage down from 3W to 0.5W without affecting your tone, making it the perfect amp for your recording environment.
- Modern Vintage - Based on Laney's legendary Supergroup amp, reimagined with modern, player-friendly features.
- Low-Power Class AB Power Stage - Pure, organic valve tones at a volume that is perfect for home practice and recording.
- Industry-Leading Two Notes Technology - Loaded with full Two Notes Torpedo Module with all the benefits and convenience of a digital plugin.
- Pre-Loaded Cabinets - Comes loaded with 6 virtual Laney cabinets with the option of designing your own and loading them straight into the amp.
- Two Notes Torpedo Emulated DI Output - Plug the LA-Studio directly into a PA system or recording interface for incredible direct tones without the need for a cab or mic.
- Power Brake - Valve amps typically need to be cranked to get the best out of them. The LA-Studio's output can be knocked down from 3W to 0.5W whilst keeping your precious tone in tact!
- Model: LA-Studio
- Nominal Supply Voltage: 100V~, 120V~, 220-240V~ Factory set
- Mains Fuse: 100-120V~ = T500mA L 250V, 220-240V~ = T250mA L 250V
- Power Consumption: 40W
- Technology: Valve
- Channels: 2
- Output Wattage: 3W / 0.1W in Brake Mode
- Outputs: 1x8 & 1x16 ohm speaker outputs, Midi Out/Thru 5 pin DIN, Phones Out Stereo 3.5mm, Balanced DI Out, Male XLR (With Two Notes emulation) and Ground Lift switch)
- Inputs: CH1, Bass & Treble Input Sockets (Input Impedance 1Mohm, Sensitivity 15mV), CH2, Bass & Treble Input Sockets (Input Impedance 140Kohm, Sensitivity 30mV), Midi In 5 pin DIN, USB Type A, to control Two Notes
- Controls: Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence, Gain, Power Switch, Brake Switch, Virtual cabinet 6W selector switch
- Effects Loop: None
- Preamp Valves: 3x ECC83 Large Plate Preamp Tubes
- Power Amp Valves: 1x 12BH7 Power Tube
- Peak led, for Two Notes
- Rugged plywood construction covered in hardwearing black vinyl
- Full internal reactive load for silent operation without a cabinet
- Unit Dimensions (HWD): 229 x 520 x 200 mm (9" x 20.5" x 7.9")
- Net Weight: 7.8Kg, 17.2 lbs