My favourite Zander release to date, it's safe to say if I'd designed a pedal with Alex it would be this. It's perfect. All the gain, all the control, all the heft, all the doom. Bloody wonderful.
Here's what Zander say about it:
The power-amp distortion.
It’s about to get doomy.
Our heaviest distortion to date, the Terra Firma packs a huge punch of pure, unadulterated power-amp distortion. Voiced specifically for down-tuned guitars, it’s perfect for capturing those big, beefy (and slightly fuzzy) stoner and doom rock tones. It also has a monstrous amount of volume on tap that’ll really get those speakers shaking.
We set out with the goal of creating something for those playing those slower/heavier types of music, as well as something that would give you that huge sound with both smaller rigs, as well as the usual backline of multiple 4x12s, and we’ve nailed it if we do say so ourselves.
The Terra Firma is based around the LM386 power amp chip (the same one used in a few power amp distortions such as the EQD Acapulco Gold) which offers the perfect blend of character and raw output volume to add a bunch of additional supporting circuitry to.
The Terra Firma features our signature diode rotary switch, which lets you choose between eight clipping types for added versatility:
- Germanium: Smooth, sweet, and classically ‘amp-like’.
- Silicon: Louder, brighter, and a little bit brittle.
- LED: Louder again, with less saturation and more punch.
- Asymmetrical germanium: A more aggressive version of germanium.
- Asymmetrical silicon: A more aggressive version of silicon.
- Asymmetrical LED: A more aggressive version of LED.
- Transistor/MOSFET: Similar to silicon, but sweeter and crunchier.
- No diodes: Loads of output and much less gain.